The Kentucky 4-H Shooting Sports Program was established in 1988 and is the largest volunteer led 4-H program in the state.
The program believes that:
- Youth development is the number one goal of the Shooting Sports Education Program
- It provides an effective tool for human growth and development for youth and adults
- It is an introduction to the safe and responsible use of firearms and archery equipment which is a valuable life skill.
- It trains youth to handle and shoot firearms safely. It teaches leadership and responsibility in a non-formal environment while offering fun activities for youth and adults. While competition is not the main focus, the program does offer opportunities to participate in shooting events, competing in various disciplines and age groups.
The disciplines that are offered in the club are:
- Shotgun (12 and 20 Gauge)
- Rifle (22 Caliber Bolt Action, Air, and BB)
- Pistol (Air and 22 Caliber)
- Archery (Compound Bare and Recurve, Bow Hunter and Target)
- Muzzleloader (Pistol and Rifle)
Age Requirements are 9-18 year olds.
All club events are coordinated and supervised by nationally and state trained volunteers.
If you are interested in joining a shooting sports club, please contact the appropriate leader or a club coordinator. Contact information can be found in the 2015 Coaches Sheet (linked above). All information and forms are also provided at the top of the page
Coordinators: Ken O'Barr
Contact Ken at 228-8032 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook